There are great speculations about the design, features and release date of iPhone 5. We have seen tons of prototypes, dozens of concept images, but nothing is official. Apple like always have been tight lipped about their next flagship device. However, on August 8, 2012 Taiwan’s news paper Apple Daily released an image and some specifications about the hardware. The Chinese newspaper claims the phone to be thinner and taller than previous iPhone 4s.
The news paper reveals the dimensions of new iPhone, which will be 123.83 X 58.6 X 7.6 mm, this certainly suggest that upcoming iPhone will be taller in frame, please note the iPhone 4s comes in 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm. Beside that, paper also makes claim on some of the features, such as
- IOS 6 powered
- Headphone jack’s location is transferred to bottom left of phone.
- Near Field Communication NFC and 4G LTE technologies will be supported.
- 9 inch dock port pin connector, this is also supported by beta IOS 6 verisons.
- It also suggests that phone will have Micro Sim card, which might not be right as it might actually come with Nano Sim Card
- Next iPhone is also going to be thinner, as mentioned above. The phone will come in 7.6 mm thickness, which is 1.7 mm thinner compared to current iPhone 4s.
Beside these, we already know that Apple will be using Apple’s 3D maps and in other recent news Apple is going to plug the support for Youtube. Following are some of images straight from the paper.